MTV's Hottest MCs In The Game

Right now to date...the hottest mc may have to be Jeezy. Ever since Barack became Pres, you can't say "My President Is Black" didn't make that album sell like 2 or 3x more units. As far as features, a lot of people only listen to Kanye's Amazing for Jeezy's verse. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Amazing was terrible. 808's is one of my favorite albums of 08/09. But when Jeezy came in with..."I'm amazin, yeah I'm all that. If I ain't on my grind, then what you call that?"...when listening to that song, people WAITED for that verse to hit.

Up next after Jeezy would be Loso. This past year, he's been in heavy rotation just doing features. And with his album out now, Loso, if not in the top 3, then def top 5. More so for top 3 because that remix with the Fancy sample is DUMB crazy. He murdered that.

And as far as Drake is concerned, does he really deserve to be in the top 10? You can't deny that So Far Gone (SFG) was not one of the hottest tapes of 09. But ever since then, other tapes that he's put out haven't been the greatest or as great as SFG. I believe it's because he set the bar so high with SFG, it's going to be a little harder for him to put out another project that's going to have the same affect. But I will leave it open for growth though. I can say SFG was an introduction to how good Drizzy could be. He may already know he has his work cut out for him as far as his album is concerned. So top 10, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment