My 2 Cents

It was a crazy weekend this weekend. Went to the A, got in some GOOD work @ the studio. I’m telling yall, summer 2010 is about to be CRAZY. One thing I wanted to post before I left was my 2 cents on Baseline Studios closing. Baseline Studios was one of the major recording studios out of NY where super producer Just Blaze used to go ham on the beats. The main reason why I wanted to discuss this is for the fact that while I’m here at school, I’m learning/training to work in these type of studios. In this time of the recession and the internet, major studios are closing. And for the fact that people are building their own personal home studios, a lot of artists end up going to there to record. Last week, after I heard Baseline closed, I began to wonder if what I’m doing here in Orlando really going to pay off. I just took a class last month on how to work those huge mixing boards. When I read about Baseline, I couldn’t help but ask myself if what I’m doing here going to be a waste? If you asked me if I was worried about work after graduation before I left for ATL and the same question after, you would have two totally different answers. After this weekend, I’ve never been more excited for the future. Being surround by people who are working towards the same goal was inspiration that was definitely needed. I was really thankful for this weekend. When I got back to the crib last night, I couldn’t wait to get back to work. This summer’s about to be STUUUUUUPID(in a good way)! lol

-ChiLL

No comments:

Post a Comment